School Security Guard Tips
What to do before the school day starts
1. Make sure you have all of your necessary school supplies with you. This includes your ID, a pencil and paper, and a backpack if you are carrying any other supplies.
2. Arrive at school early to get registered and get situated in your classroom. This will help ensure that you have plenty of time to find your way around the school and meet any classmates you may be missing.
3. Make sure that you know who your teacher is and where their office is located. If there is an emergency or if there is something important that you need to know, your teacher will be the best person to ask.
4. If there is something that makes you nervous or causes you to feel unsafe at school, do not hesitate to speak to a trusted adult about it. There are many people who can help make your school experience more comfortable and safe, including security guards or librarians.
What should you do during the school day
It's important to know what to do during your school day in order to stay safe. Here are some tips from a school security guard:
1. Be aware of your surroundings. It's important to be aware of who is around you and what they're doing. Keep an eye out for suspicious behavior or people who seem out of place.
2. Stay alert at all times. If someone comes up to you, don't let them take you by surprise. Be prepared to defend yourself if necessary.
3. Make sure your belongings are secure. Keep your phone, ID, and other important documents close to you at all times. Don't leave them on a bench or in a locker room - they could be stolen easily!
4. Report any emergencies or threats immediately. If you see something happening that makes you feel unsafe, don't hesitate to report it to a teacher or another adult. They'll be able to take appropriate action quickly and make sure everyone stays safe during the school day.
What should you be doing when you leave work?
Before you leave work, always be sure to lock your office door. If you are using a keypad to lock your door, make sure to turn off the alarm and disable the keypad before you leave.
Another important step is to secure your building. Make sure all windows and doors are locked when you leave. If there is a security guard on duty, make sure to give them your business card or contact information in case they need to reach out to you later. Finally, always take any important paperwork with you when you leave work.
Ways to keep students safe on your watch
1. Make sure you have up-to-date training.
2. Make a habit of talking to students about safety and security issues.
3. Keep a close eye on your surroundings at all times.
4. Report any suspicious behavior or activity to school authorities immediately.
5. Be alert to potential danger signs and take action quickly if you see them.
As a school security guard, it is your duty to keep the students and staff safe. Here are some tips that will help you do just that:
1. Be observant. It's easy for a criminal to blend in with the crowd, so be on the lookout for anyone who seems suspicious or out of place.
2. Know your surroundings. Familiarize yourself with all of the hallways and exits in case of an emergency, and be sure to know where all CCTV cameras are located in order to monitor footage remotely if needed.
3. Stay calm and assertive when dealing with potential troublemakers or violence erupting on campus. If necessary, use force as necessary to protect both yourself and those around you, but never resort to using weapons unless absolutely necessary; they can only result in more harm than good.
4. Always have a phone charger at hand in case of an emergency lockdown or power outage; this will allow you to continue monitoring vital areas without having